*cough, cough* *ahem* Is this thing on?
God that was cliche. Anyway, I guess I might as well get started, right? Right. So let's see...ah, TrekEarth. I am pretty much addicted to this website. Basically it is an enormous gallery of travel photos that amateur photographers submit on a continuous basis. There are so many beautiful things to see around the world, but it's interesting that at the same time it kind of makes you look around your own home - or even just look up, I guess would be a different way of putting it. Leastways, the site's pics did that for me. It's like a novel we read for Southwest Lit - if it's one thing the Southwest is renowned for, it's the big sky. Today I was driving to my family's house and saw some clouds above the Catalinas. Then something clicked: those clouds were probably the same distance away from me as the mountains, and yet were easily three times as big. Then I remembered to close my mouth, having become slackjawed.
Anyway, while the strength of TrekEarth in my opinion are the wonderful landscape photos, here are two that I particularly stared at for a while:
"The Other Side"
"The Wait"

No comments: