Well, I could say I like Soul Caliber II for a number of reasons, not least of all its usefulness for procrastinating (thank you Scott for making my life much more stressful until I subletted your Xbox to my brother. bastard =). ) But its footwork is its greatest aspect in my opinion. No other fighting game that I know of emphasizes that aspect at all - in Soul Caliber, however, it is the most important thing. Some people make great claims about the game's mostly realistic martial arts techniques, but they usually miss that the most important part of the game - moving one's feet, whether to evade or advance - is also one of the most important things in real martial arts (I think so, anyway, just to keep from making an overarching presumptuous statement).

Oh, and, um, (despite Phil's eagle eye noticing the gun Jennifer Garner was packing changing from an H&K to a Glock midscene) Alias fucking rules.

No comments: