So, if Husserl isn't right with his idea of meaning coming before language, or even the qualified version of that with a "private language" unique to each person, here's the place where I'm at right now in understanding the issue. I can speak English to my heart's content, but there are distinct registers that I use in turn with small children, professors, girlfriends, dogs, &c. So in that vein, combined with the posit that language produces meaning rather than the converse, in my head is just a different register of the language I always use, rather than a totally unique language or lack of one.
(aka topics arrived at after spending eight hours talking to someone who is clinically insane)
(no, I wasn't talking to myself, thank you very much)

Hooboy....time waster, right here.

Kind of a less intelligent version of Carolyn's grandmother. (what's also funny is that on the source page there's a really dumb picture of Gene LeBell, for the one or two people who might recognize him)

More news that gods know few people'll ever see...

Facetious, but a bit funny

No comments: