"Yin and yang are relative terms, not absolutes; any phenomenon can only be yin or yang by comparison with something else. We can't point to the moon and say, "The moon is yin." Compared to the sun, the moon is yin: It's cooler and less bright. But compared to the Earth (at least from our perspective), the moon is yang: brighter, higher, and more mobile. In addition to being relative, a yin-yang comparison of any two objects depends on the trait being compared. For example, when considering location, the heart is yin compared to the breastbone because the heart is more hidden. But when considering substance, the heart is yang compared to the breastbone because the heart is softer, more mobile, more elastic." - never thought of it that way before...

"whoa" moment: leaning against a window sill at UMC, talking to an old Senora patient, I happened to unfocus from the window and focus on the metal-beaded cord for opening/closing the blinds, and saw something move. When I looked closer, I realized I was reflected on every little bead - when I tilted my head, twenty tiny reflections tilted their heads, all perfectly clear, if minute. Made me think of the old everything-in-a-grain-of-sand thang (minus the egotistical implications of comparing that to a reflection, I would hope)....