The Day After Tomorrow was a pretty fun romp, all told. I mean, it was total fluff, but there was something really fun about seeing big special effects on a big screen. Also, the whole supercell idea was interesting, in that halfway through the movie I remembered that they actually do take place after a fashion underwater (thank you Starfish and Scientific American), so basically I thought the transplanted concept was cool. Moreover, I think the setting at the very end of the movie would be wonderful for totally unrelated stories, novels, games, &c. And tangentially, the main (young) character was basically like my brother, except perhaps less badass, and the chick was cute.

Dragon Skin - I'm still banking on the concept of using the same materials, but in a similar style to old school Roman armor, though - ie, overlapping strips so there would be more mobility, more breathing, and if it was damaged only one or two strips would have to be replaced rather than the whole unit of armor.

Navy Gadgets

No comments: