I've had the same penpal for about five years now. She lives in northern Italy and her name is Cinzia. We don't really know that much about each other, beyond silly stuff about school and tests, and vague bits about each other's love life, some local happenings, &c. But even though I know very little about her, I think in a sense I do know the important things. And facetiously, I get a random picture of an Italian cutie every once in a while and notes like, "I'm a good cook above all cook pasta and sauces; when you'll came here I'll cook for you a big dish of pasta...do you like pasta?!??? Because you'll cannot refuse!." That fucking rules.
*                     *                  *
   In reading articles for my thesis I had a kind of creepy/whoa moment. Without superfluous details, I had been writing a cornball story basically for my own pleasure, with some random ideas thrown in as main foundation points. In reading an article about ecological factors in Dune, there was a discussion about how basically one of the random ideas I had fit right under one of the main ecological trends in recent times. So without reading any of the books that supposedly fit into the trend, in an odd sort of way I felt that not only was I swept up in something without realizing it, but also part of something a bit out of my comprehension because it just seemed like so big of an idea and here I was dicking around and bungling into it with my little schpiel.
*                  *                     *
kewl word of the day - lynxcalm, as in this line from an alt-history story, "Ah, playing the lynxcalm soldier of fortune as usual..."

No comments: