Random thing I realized while practicing Arabic about trying to do direct translation. I don't know if it's that whatever languages I've looked in the past came from our local group, as it were (Germanic or Latinate), or if I just missed it. The words li, for example can be translated as "to" and "for," for example, and bi as "by," "in" and "with," but it's really more like they mean something in between each of those words, and that's the closest we can get to it in trying to translate them, but it's not ever quite the same meaning. I suppose this is one of those things that is pretty obvious, but I hadn't paid enough attention till now.

W00t! New Line Cinema, who does stuff like Lord of the Rings and Donnie Darko, are going to do movies for White Wolf Publishing's new lines. This makes me into an excited school girl. I think I'll just stop there, in lieu of expanding upon that metaphor.

No comments: