The other night I had this odd, vivid dream/consuming thought/? come over me, ironically during my devotions. It occurred to me that the ER at UMC doesn't have any windows, just really bright florescent lights. So I imagined what it would be like if there was a sudden power outage; the more I thought about it, the more I couldn't not think about it. I went through the motions in my head of calming a hysterical patient, then thought, 'well, what would i do?' So I dug around in my pack for my cell phone and turned it on. And in the blue light were skeletal, child-sized things crawling between the nurses, over the walls and desk and ceiling, and they all jerked big black eyes towards the light. That's when I opened my eyes, and I had to take several deep breaths and even go through the bowl-of-pebbles meditation (the one that works for headaches) to get the...daydream? out of my head. Interesting times...

Most obvious rip from Robert Jordan ever

Kewl Word: 'animadvert' - to turn the mind or attention to

Def Jam - Fight for New York - I only recognize maybe three or four of the rappers in the game, but the fighting looks as fun as Soul Caliber 2, but with less martial arts and more gutterstomping. That, and the trailer where it displays all the characters in a cutscene reminds me of some details in a David Brin short story where the concept of tribal behavior in a modern context came up.

No comments: