Resident Evil: Apocalypse - I bet I'll come off as arrogant for saying this after all the praise I've heard, but with Wyatt and Alan backing me up, it wasn't all that great. It wasn't a bad movie per se, but....yeah. We figured it couldn't quite decide what kind of movie it wanted to be; that, and it killed off more characters than a George Martin novel, but without the development, so I just didn't care. The loco Barbie/Tomb Raiderish chick was fun to look at, at least, though they could have zoomed out on the martial arts.

Shogun's Ninja - To quote a guy on IMDB, "This movie is just straight-up weird." Sonny Chiba has amazing physical development in it, however, and he really does have some skillz. I think this might also be the origin of the name Hattori Hanzo, unless it's some historical Japanese thing I'm missing. The one thing I'm liking about some of these old movies that were made in Asia is that they always have some cross-cultural themes between Japan and China; hence, my burdgeoning interest in Warriors of Heaven and Earth.

Rome: Total War - more cross-cultural fun, but more explicitly of the beating kind

No comments: