Well, off to ye olde Garden State for an Arab/Italian wedding....I foresee chaos...

Time Out of Joint - Western Dominance, Islamic Terror, and the Arab Imagination - I think this is an amazing piece of writing. It made me almost ecstatic to read at some points, partly because of the quality and knowledge gained, but also because of its perspective. To me, this is operating from the opposite perspective from Edward Said's Orientalism, which is really cool because in that it is acknowledging the force that orientalism is, and at the same time offering the perspective that orientalism by its nature supresses. Furthermore, it shows how literature affects the world outside of academia, which is also a nice subject to touch on in my opinion.

-Facezero - this is my new favorite art

-an excerpt from Roland Barthes's A Lover's Discourse - I remember reading from this in literary analysis, I still think it's a fun read

No comments: