happy fun movie trailer time yay.

Monster-in-Law - So I click on this, thinking it'll be a dumb kid's movie or somesuch, and yeah it did turn out to look kind of dumb, but in the interest of ethical procrastination I clicked 'play.' And then I actually yelled out loud. Lo and behold, it has one of my most favorite actors (Michael Vartan) and one of my...favorite people to look at, to be frank....redundantly Frank, I suppose. I don't care if it looks stupid I'm seeing it damnit. It's the principle of the thing.

Easy - This one also looks good, but actually solidly good. That, and I'm already kind of crushing on Marguerite Moreau. And she has a cool name. Interestingly, IMDB says it was made in 2003, and the one reviewer was somewhat weakly scathing, but based on his lack of coherence, feh.

Closer - Like the first movie, I'm seeing it because I like Clive Owen and I think Natalie Portman is totally cute. But this one, like the second movie, also looks pretty good. And if the trailer music is hopefully any indication, I'm buying the soundtrack. Xuemei, tangentially, has already claimed Jude Law as her boyfriend and will probably be dragged along, if anyone else wants to come for their own random reasons.

Elektra, unfortunately, looks to be about as good as the movie that spawned it. As much as I think Jennifer Garner is great, I'm going to stay wary about this one.

-also, House of Flying Daggers is actually coming stateside apparently, and under its proper name, and not the stupid Japanese release name. This is cool.

No comments: