The Boondock Saints, with Willem Dafoe, Sean Flanery, and Norman Reedus. Clever, clever movie. Also very, very violent. Something about the style reminded me of Ghost Dog, though I'm not sure why; in any case, the continuous shifts back and forth of perspective and odd story certainly hold one's attention. My favorite aspect of it was that it had an undercurrent that was key to the entire movie, but never explicitly stated - just expressed in indirect, awesome lines or visual cues. Not really sure how to explain the movie, though; Alan and Wyatt said that nobody they knew who'd seen it had said anything bad about it, and Carolyn said it speaks for itself, and Bridget (looking at the cast list) said why haven't I heard of this movie?! So...that works for me.

The Aviator with Leonardo DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett. Well, it wasn't particularly to my liking, but it was fascinating, I suppose, in a biographical sense. Part of the trouble was that I have no idea what was historically true and what wasn't, so I was continuously wondering; another part of the trouble, which shouldn't really count, was that this was one of those movies that was like doing my job at the hospital for the length of the movie, and not on a particularly pleasant day. The acting was great, but just because it was quality doesn't mean I wanted to watch a slow, downward spiral over three hours; I mean, it wasn't even like a tragedy, where it might have blossomed into an ending, rather than shrinking back into a corner.

-Logos Universal Conjugator - simple, useful

-Feng Zhu Design - some interesting concept art

No comments: