One thing I like about jujitsu and yoga that clicked the other day is that they have been around for hundreds or thousands of years, so I've been applying myself to practices that have been taught and applied for that long. Not exactly in the same form, of course, but very close in certain respects. Yogic practices and philosophies stretch back through many a century, and the kind of jujitsu that we practice at Ko Sho is an extension of the shuai chiao that extends through Chinese history (which, as Xuemei can attest, is quite long). Similarly, while the Baha'i sort of spirituality I ascribe to is relatively new to the world, the source of the beliefs at its core stretch even past Zoroastros, thousands of years back. I'm not quite sure why I like the idea yet, except maybe that it gives me a similar sense of place as when I unexpectedly see the mountains ringing the city and inherently know from that for a brief moment exactly where I am within the basin; I think it grounds me, somehow.

Until Then - wonderful. (via Wyatt)

Rabbit Linguistics - can anybody with a bunny verify this? Or, if anybody wants a rabbit there's a customer at the diner that breeds them. Either way, this site seems pretty in depth, without being too sugercoated.

Interesting report on the damage wrought on the sea floor by the tsunami quake.

No comments: