Basic Judaism, by Milton Steinberg. I read this because I've been curious about Judaism for a long time and never really been able to get straight answers about it, but this book definitely satisfied. The style is dry enough that I had to read it more slowly than I'm used to, but the information is simple and well-organized, so all in all it was pleasant enough to read.

Striking + Takedowns + Groundwork - I'm not really a fan of this website, but at least in this article they provide a really simplified summary of what goes into MMA training, with some nice examples of application on the bottom. The one bit I think they should have added one more bullet with is the 'Standing Grappling' section, which focuses entirely on Western wrestling takedowns, and ignores any of the aspects of upper-body work and unbalancing found in that same Western wrestling, Muay Thai, and Japanese wrestling. Oh, and dude in white, yeah your knee strike looks all pretty with your toes pointed, but seriously man, there is potential for pain on your part. Yes I know he can't hear me shut up.

"complete and total burnination" - we discovered a box of fireworks in cleaning the garage, but will perhaps have to experiment with a cholla

Storm Corps - yes, there seems to be something off about the art (which admittedly grew on me over time), but the premise is...interesting, the extended setting is very nicely put together, and later on in the story there are hints of what might be a really interesting riff, not sure how to describe it

No comments: