Sideways, with Paul Giamatti, Sandra Oh, Thomas Church, and Virginia Madsen. As much as I tried to watch this with an admonition in mind that a film can be good even if you find some of the characters reprehensible, Sideways didn't really make it easy on me. The acting was superb nonetheless, and there were hilarious moments and touching moments. But there was also a good deal of space that had me uncomfortable or annoyed, and having to figure out what purpose that served. I'm not sure I want to go by my first opinion of the movie, but I don't really want to watch it again, either.

Beyond embiggens and cromulent - why yes, I am a complete and total nerd, and yes, I do enjoy that sort of thing

random poetic phrases I've heard lately:
"Every movement a cut." (in reference to swordplay)
"He takes himself away to a place that is more inward than is safe to go."
"A bottle of wine is still alive."

No comments: