How I would have/might in the future revise my thesis, based on comments from my adviser. As the gist of the conclusion is that Dune as a postcolonial or third-world text is a national allegory for various countries such as Vietnam and the USA, and for various people such as Frantz Fanon, I would start with that earlier in the paper. Instead of introducing everything with a context and justification for writing about Dune, I would spread that throughout the paper in footnotes. The conclusion would probably then spread out from its previous incarnation, turning the national-allegory-for-USA bit on its head to say that any text written about or within the USA is really a national allegory for the USA in a way that a text from, say, France could never be, as the USA is still in a postcolonial state.

Welcome to the Machine God - wonderful setting by White Wolf Publishing

"purple is black blooming"

Candybar Dolls - guh...too many options, overwhelming

Wyatt's nice quote of the day -
"Al Qaeda's No. 3 man captured, causing No. 1 to take a No. 2"

Klein blue - a patented color?

not sure I like the admittedly oblique association with my name, but-
'The word "Ferengi" is derived from Arabic and Farsi word faranji which meant "Frank" as in French/European traders who made contact with Arabic traders, the word came to mean "Foreigner."'

Panchok Workshop - art

No comments: