-from Scent of a Woman (which I still haven't finished) - Al Pacino's short monologue (though this in no way captures any of his cadence or intonation):
"Women! What can you say? Who made 'em? God must have been a fuckin' genius. The hair... They say the hair is everything, you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever? Or lips... and when they touched, yours were like... that first swallow of wine... after you just crossed the desert. Tits. Hoo-hah! Big ones, little ones, nipples staring right out at ya, like secret searchlights. Mmm. Legs. I don't care if they're Greek columns... or secondhand Steinways. What's between 'em... passport to heaven. I need a drink. Yes, Mr Sims, there's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pussy. Hah! Are you listenin' to me, son? I'm givin' ya pearls here."
-yes, I know, it's quite vulgar, but I'll get to the cleaner monologue from near the end of the movie later

I appear to be in a sad state, being that I was highly amused by this illusion

Buried Treasure - mmm, dinosaurs

I thought this hypothetical book title sums up the frustration some people have with BJJ nicely:
"Brazilian JiuJitsu Throwing Techniques -- This four-page book is a compendium of useful techniques to get your opponent between your legs."
(ie, they have very little throwing training, and sometimes emphasize the guard to an absurd degree)

Nice cadence and image:
"Face your fears, or they will climb over your back."
and from good ol' Phantom of the Opera
"We never said
our love was evergreen-"
and
"The Angel of Music sings songs in my head"

No comments: