When I was getting my tattoo, the artist somehow got around to talking about how people say the phrase "I'm sorry" a good deal sometimes. His point was that when one says, "I'm sorry," there almost always is an unspoken "but..." afterwards. For example, "I'm sorry, but if you hadn't done that," or, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize..." His suggestion as a counter was to say, "Forgive me," or some equivalent; I'm not sure of the validity of his point, but it seems to have slowly convinced me over time to where I pretty much agree with it, cumbersome as the replacement might seem.

Underground Urban Farm - I think they should have called it Urban Farm Underground, to make it sound more like a trendy nightspot

Art of Aly Fell

"The Basque language contains a tradition of difficulty which the Basques themselves do nothing to dispel. They have even created a legend to the effect that at one time the devil spent seven years trying ot learn their tongue, but finally had to give it up in disgust; but there is another story to the effect that Basque is used by the devil to fight with his mother-in-law."

-as opposed to-

"La inteligenta persono lernas la interlingvon Esperanto rapide kaj facile. Esperanto estas la moderna , kultura lingvo por la internacia mondo. Simpla, fleksebla, praktika solvo de la problemo de universalo interkompreno. Esperanto meritas vian seriozan konsideron. Lernu la interlingvon Esperanto!" - crazy! For some reason some old yarn had got me down on Esperanto for a while, I think something about them suppressing use of other languages at an Esperanto convention, but hey that's pretty readable right there!

-also, but not so easy-
Interglossa, which combines Latin and Greek roots with Chinese syntax
Monling, which only uses one syllable words
Idiom Neutral, which was spawned from Volapük, and is a combination of English and Latin/Romance languages with German grammar rules

No comments: