The monsoon season in Tucson is nice for several reasons, but the one in particular I'm thinking of might be a bit silly, I suppose. Back in some survey class for British literature, I think it was, one of the concepts we covered was the sublime. The sublime is such that whatever one is viewing or experiencing is awe-inspiring, or even terrible (in both senses of the word); it's gigantic beyond words, utterly inscrutable, incomprehensibly beautiful, etc. So, my thought is that nigh everyday for a while now the skies over the valley have been on the order of sublime, with storms bigger than mountain ranges, sprites and fountains of lightning, curtains of moisture and sunshowers, and that's quite enough waxing bad poetical, I suppose. And is there a word like sublemon? There should be.

Free Words - I have to say I'm not exactly sure what the message is, but it reminds of the better parts of the poetry classes I've taken, and it makes me smile

Salamander Dream by Hope Larson just concluded; it's pleasant, and calm, and the end was quite moving
-----in a similar vein, circuity was less sensical, and though I only think I understood what happened, was moving nonetheless

55 words - ironically, I find I have no words for it; great idea and execution

avp - to be quite shallow, I find I also have no words for this, but it also made me quite happy to find

"We have no reason to mistrust our world, for it is not against us. Has it terrors, they are our terrors; has it abysses, these abysses belong to us; if there are dangers at hand, we must try to love them. . . . we must hold to the difficult, then that which now still seems to us the most alien will become what we most trust and find most faithful. . . . Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us." Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments: