I think I must have been driving along or some such when I conflated these thoughts: the exploration of identity (ie, Lacan's mirror image I think it was, or the uncanny nature of the double) I went into for my term paper in literary theory, and the many variegated identity issues that are addressed as problems in understanding in yoga (ie, one's identity is not one's emotions/I am not anger, I just feel anger, or, I am not pain, as pain comes to the nerves as light comes to the eyes). That's the extent of my thought at the moment, in any rate; I just wonder if one approach could be used to compliment the other approach, like I did for zen and existentialism.

      In other news, I'm 0-2 in recent weird fruit acquisitions. The honeydew nectarine seems about on par with the mango nectarine; less flavor than a regular nectarine, and not that much different flavor at that. In fact, the only differences I could tell were in appearance and a possibly imagined slight melon aroma. I am quite interested in how a melon and a pitted fruit would be crossed, however, unless they never were and this is just an odd and oddly named nectarine variant.

No comments: