"Treat a man as he appears to be and you make him worse. But treat a man as if he already were what he potentially could be, and you make him what he should be." - Goethe. Another one of those one's I might have brushed off as initially idealistic, except for two examples that brought it back to me relatively recently. One: how some of the drunks/gangbangers/manipulators/what-have-you are treated during their in-and-out ER stays makes a big difference; I'm not saying they're made into "what they should be," but different sides of them come out depending on how the staff interacts with them. Assuming they're lucid to some degree, of course, otherwise it's a whole different ball game. Two: at the Air Force Academy, one of their base principles of making the cadets into officers seems to be something like Goethe's assertion.

Feral Cheryl - I think she's way hotter than Barbie

Ketka's world - a bit of art (and it's Russian, which is also cool)

Entrances to Hell - clever-ha ha photography, or no? I think the sheer amount of Angel I've been watching with my dad has biased me enough to wonder a tiny bit

No comments: