A while ago, I was driving around with my dad and we saw a large hawk's nest at the very top of a long-dead and dried up tree. A moment after passing it, my dad said: "The tree's dead, so..." I'm not sure why, but that statement almost gave me goosebumps; it was almost as if the at-first seemingingly banal nest had been shifted by the words into another kind of existence where it wasn't just a hawk's nest in a dead tree, but something else, if only in my mind. Another kind of existence that gave me the heebie-jeebies.

-kind of seemed like an easy ego-booster, and I'm not sure of its veracity at all, but nonetheless:
"The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize."

Cool dialogue of the day:
"'How many times, dear father,' Richard asked through tears and gritted teeth, 'must I slay your shade?'"
-and something about this line seemed poetic to me:
"Put words to your need, Richard Cypher."

No comments: