Usually when I see a large, vibrant blob of flaming pixels on the 'radar' part of the local weather, I shrug; I mean, I've tried to walk outside and connect it to clouds I can see, but they're usually out of visual range when I remember to do that. But today, oh no. What I thought was way east of the city just happened to be the entire east side of the city. It was pretty awesome in the awe-some sense to drive towards it, what with the rain being lit up by the setting sun and huge rainbows with lightning arabesques and forboding indigo as background. But the moment the edge of those satin-lit curtains came upon me - quarter of a block visibility, the wind vs the lego car (round 3), sweeping gusts of rain and hail, ambulances and police fighting through traffic slowed to a timid crawl. While the idea of a moat around the dojo as was brought up once people were inside (dripping wet, natch) is interesting and all, it's not cool when one's car suddenly sinks only to slam its wheel into the curb. Okay, maybe it's cool in retrospect.

The Tale of Smith - eerie, interesting

No comments: