So in the course of totally messing myself and a lot of stuff up lately, I was taking a lot of vitamins. Which seemed like a good idea, in theory, and probably was. I'll admit I didn't have much care for the brand of vitamins, despite my cousin's (who works at a bio-research firm) admonition that the only brand that apparently actually absorbs into one's system is Thermi...labs, or something. But the brand wasn't really the issue. What was the issue was that I had been taking a set of several vitamins everyday, and then every once in a while trying out this energy/recovery drink mix ("Emergen-C") on account of working out plus being fatigued, which is based on having lots and lots of vitamins in it. So: I'm obviously not exactly doing good empirical research here (except for article-ness, if one can count the interwebnet), but I'm pretty damn sure at least one of the times I got really, really sick lately (this past Saturday, after an Emergen-C after almost four hours of working out) was probably the result of a vitamin overload. Not so much the vitamins themselves (like an overdose), but that there were so many vitamins in various forms with relatively little food (me being mr. no-appetite lately) in my system.

This has been a vitabloggie warning.

No comments: