I really hate to say it and I’m sure I sound arrogant, but I will because I’m sure it’s the same at any other place I could be working at, but there are some guys that work here that I have to wonder how many times I might have seen them at UMC for alcohol or something else similarly stupid. But at the same time, even if they seem like that, I’m simultaneously wondering what they really do in their off time, and hoping it’s not just drinking and driving as I’d heard about at times. So far I’ve heard about a myriad of side jobs, the requisite bar hopping or strip clubs, and today I learned a lot about billiards. Specifically, from a guy with almost no teeth, long hair, and hasn’t seemed to have taken a shower in a while, who makes more by playing in billiards leagues for prize money and bets and tourneys in Las Vegas than he does working at this company. I never would have guessed that about him for the world, but apparently he’s one of the top billiards players in Tucson, and is highly ranked in Vegas as well, enough to retire early because of what in effect is a doubled salary he’s made. So…not sure what to say about that, it’s just interesting, I guess.

No comments: