The idea of any sort of gestalt kind of connection between different beings is something I've always wanted to believe in, but never really could make myself. I think that's why I like seeing flocks of birds, though, or schools of fish, I suppose. Something about the way they move in such perfect coordination reminds me that there might be some kind of telepathy thing that we're missing. I know, I know, there's some scientific explanation for how birds can keep from just outright colliding, but I haven't heard it yet, so I'll stick with my passing thought for the moment.

So Ms. Connie sent me this article; as I replied to her, having been an English major when I was in school I couldn't help but think of the tusk from that point on as a giant phallus. Then I thought of unicorns. Never will I think of a little girl's collection the same way. Of course, it was then pointed out to me by Connie that unicorns generally only like pure and virginal things. I have an urge to write a limerick involving the words 'dickhead' and 'unicorn,' but I'd be afraid of the fanciful horse's name being applied to pedophiles, considering one inevitable topic.

No comments: