Pride and Prejudice. As much as this story hit way too close to home in many ways, I enjoyed it a good deal. I dare say it made us want to talk with much more propriety in our daily lives, for one, and the music was quite pleasant throughout. I'm not sure why, but the cinematography made me feel that I was somehow actually reading a book even as I watched. Lastly, I practically wanted a Mr. Darcy by the end.

I thought this was clever

Random quote of the day: "Could you imagine how horrible things would be if we always told others how we felt? Life would be intolerably bearable."

Other random quote of the day: "The better an SF writer is, the more subtly and effectively he will play off against the experienced reader's analytical skills. At the highest levels, SFnal exposition takes on the nature of a delicate, powerful intellectual dance or game between writer and reader, requiring much from both and rewarding both very richly."

No comments: