My plans for tonight having fallen through (ah, Urgent Care, I tangentially blame thee), I naturally did what I've done the last few times that's happened. I went out anyway. Tonight, it was to see the lovely Canadian band Po' Girl at Hotel Congress. The opener was a very pleasant surprise, another gal from Canada, whom I think I developed a crush on, fell a tiny bit in love with, and then was sad when she said she was going back across the continent, all in the space of her set. But hey, I've got some practice with similar situations and people also named Carolyn, so it's cool.
      Po' Girl herself...themselves...however that syntax should be was great, no bones about it. It was kind of blues-y, kind of country, kind of folk, but with that unique Canadian diphthong thrown in, which was interesting. The ladies have beautiful voices, and play everything from accordians to harmonicas to washtub bass to guitar and fiddle. That, and it was cute that they marvelled so at seeing a cactus for the first time, even amongst all their other charm. If or when they come to Tucson again, I'll definitely make it a point to go.

No comments: