Random tricks of accent and slang I've noted lately while working with Mexican/Vietnamese (this would be a lot better with the IPA, but I'll try to do it phonetically):
wozwon - accented 'warehouse one,' really sped up, but I was confused for a while when the intercom was calling me to "wozwon!"
Hojay (not really a 'j,' more the sound of the second syllable of 'garage') - accented Jose, who's ironically only called Jose on paper nowadays
wawl - I could actually use more information on this one, it appears to be the more en vogue replacement of 'ese,' and is used kind of like 'omae' used to be in Shadowrun, if anyone gets that reference
cholo - kind of insulting, kind of like 'vato,' but seemingly more centered around being devoted to cars or trucks mod'ed in poor taste

I think they should have made it look like a fire flower, personally; and have it play the sound effect for when Mario gets fireballs whenever it goes off. Tangentially, if anyone reads this who's actually seen ball lightning, I'm sure we'd all love to hear about it...

Random quotes of the day by Samuel Butler:
"Eating is touch carried to the bitter end."
---
"Let us be grateful to the mirror for revealing to us our appearance only."

No comments: