At the risk of sounding like my mother when she chants, "Maya, maya, maya!" everyone remember to drink water till it comes out your ears. Or something equally vaguely threatening. I mean, I've just been kind of cranky and breaking out a little, and headache-y. Lisa in the office here, on the other hand, was out the entirety of last week because of a kidney infection brought on by not drinking any water. Yes, it's not exactly desert heat, but as Xuemei pointed out in coming from Boston, cold can take moisture out of the air by freezing it or otherwise just as well. A public service announcement. ("Maya, maya, maya!!!")

I'm starting to re-think Xuemei's edict that I should make it my life's mission to find and marry her, now that I've seen a photo

"Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter." - hmmm....truth to this statement?

-and this one?
"We tend to do a lot of top down, micro-managing. In other words, we use the reptilian model." - it seems like some principle of biology I should know, and if that is the case, how would avian or mammalian or..uh, fish-ian models compare?

No comments: