I had a horrible, horrible dream last night. But for the first time in a while, at least it didn't put me in a analogously horrible state when I finally got up for the day. I think as I fell back asleep after waking up out of breath, I was chanting internally over and over (and not without some element of desperation, I'll admit), "let it go," so that helped. Also, I did my best upon waking to find some positive in a mental re-run of old pain (or, emotional split lip, if you will), so that helped, too. Now that I'm aware of that lurking baggage that I'd thought was long gone, I can deal with it and heal it in a more aware manner - however painful that might be, at least it's healthier. As one meditation article aptly points out, of course, working towards "self-realization is never pretty."

-in other news, a few more photos

No comments: