Dragons of a Lost Star, by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Continuing the Age of Apocalypse-style take on Dragonlance, the authors did a great job in remaking not only the setting itself but the tone of the entire narrative. This is probably one of the fastest moving Dragonlance novels I've read, and certainly the most expansive in terms of a 'global' perspective in the setting. There's a running twist and mystery that's been continuously building throughout this trilogy, and what's been revealed so far has been simulataneously both impressive and disappointing to me, just as the climax of the novel was at once both thrilling and saddening. I'd label all that a good thing, in the end.

In other news, also from Mr. Bryce, if you're into comics at all watch for Marvel's upcoming "Civil War" uber-crossover-arc, it looks to be up there with Age of Apocalypse and Onslaught if they can pull it off, in our estimation.

And lastly, I didn't get to catch all of it, but The Big Kahuna with Kevin Spacey and Danny Devito, a film adapted from a play, had a wonderful ending that resists being simplified quite nicely, though I felt I would have gotten even more out of it had I had the context of the beginning of the movie.

No comments: