Here's one of my random conflations: this time, between the comic Exiles and Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Nothing really of any depth as yet, unfortunately, as I've yet to pick up some copies of Exiles (which is basically kind of like Sliders+X-Men), but I'll note that both jump from world to world, in a kind of ka-tet (for King readers), and both have the aim of repairing or protecting reality from breakdown/entropy/wrongness. There's way, way more to both, but I'm bereft of knowledge of the one, and don't want to over-simplify their pleasant complicated-ness.

Interesting quick little quote - "...there's a big difference between doing yoga and simply making an asana out of yourself." - David Swenson

X-Men: The Last Stand, with a good several people. And Kelsey Grammer as Beast - which rocks. Funny thing: my mom started snoring not even one minute into the movie, and every five to ten minutes thereafter, but that might actually be taken as an indication that it's a good movie, ironically, if that makes any sense. Overall, I enjoyed the movie a lot - I just took issue with a couple things, such as what they did with a few of the characters, and that the story was spread a little too wide in my opinion. I know the quick response to that is what the hell do you mean it was spread too wide, but I'll stand fast to that claim, I think they could have focused it in one of a few directions and been the better for it.

No comments: