Springtime in the Sonoran desert! When stuff is actually green for a while - not so green as during the monsoon (hey....Feifei might be here during that! awesomeness.), but green enough. It's actually probably more colorful, than just verdant, in the end - flowers are everywhere. Every palo verde in the city is festooned in chartreuse, and the mesquites have their flourescent caterpillar pollen stems, ocotilla reds, every kind of pink and orange and yellow and red and green cactus flower abounds - and I even saw some saguaro blossoms! Which makes me suddenly realize - hey, I haven't seen the wildflowers in Sabino Canyon yet....hmm......

Without a Paddle, with Seth Green and Matthew Lillard. First of all, I could barely stand Green in the role they had him in; I realize he often plays roles that approximate the 'neurotic' or the 'oddball,' but never to such a dippy extreme. Secondly, the writing was also dippy. As well, the feel-good messages. Burt Reynolds has a small role, which was kind of eh. Did I mention that I only happened to be sitting in the room, while this movie played, and willfully sought to devote my attention to other things?

and an interesting experiment

No comments: