Direct from Nate the Peace Corps dude, putting a strike-anywhere match in a BB gun! Actually, it didn't turn out to be that big of a deal, it kind of made a little spark that would probably be kind of cool at night, and a 'snap!' I was a bit surprised it actually worked, though. I'm more interested in trying some of his other suggestions, such as putting a noodle of the proper diameter in a BB gun (supposedly it'll hammer through surprising materials) and making little grenados out of the cardboard tube that goes on a coat hanger.

In other news, my first attendance of a fetish ball was pretty fun. It was a much quieter affair than I had expected it to be, though why I had some conception in my mind that it would be a loud, rave environment I've no idea. Mostly just people walking around, complimenting each other's outfits, and chatting. I was quite disappointed in my own outfit (a snafu involving mixed up leather pants and a lack of makeup), but that notwithstanding, some improvised electrical tape and borrowed boots was serviceable enough to generate compliments. The patio was well stocked with hookahs, the stage alternated between some pretty rocking metal bands and shows such as a woman hanging from several hooks.

In the banquet area were several tables selling jewelry and other accoutrements, and a smaller stage that was showing softcore sex shows and bellydancers dancing to old White Zombie songs. There was also a creepy obese guy offering free shoe shining or foot massages, and a few guys in Hawai'ian shirts just grinning like idiots and taking pictures. We quickly figured out there was sort of an etiquette for photos, wherein it wasn't really polite to just take a photo of people unless you looked like a pro-photographer, but it was polite if you were in the photo with the people. So, no artsy photos unfortunately, but if anyone wants to see, just leave a comment and I'll share the snapfish album.

Cool Sol picture found by Wyatt

So, a couple people's voices here at work just completely get on my nerves. I've no idea why, I don't particularly have anything against the people themselves, but ye gods, as soon as I hear their voice on the phone or in person I just want to smack them across the mouth. I don't know if it's something in their inflection or cadence of speech or what; for at least one of the people, I know it's not just me that's affected that way. It's really weird, like a subtlepain that's not exactly aural...*shrug*

No comments: