Rent, with most of the original Broadway cast, apparently. I'll put this one in the column of 'musicals I did end up liking.' Actually, that said, I think I generally like most musicals I see, anyway. I'll be curious to see this one on stage when it comes to town, if only to see if I develop a similar man-crush on the character Angel, as I did on the one in the film. I'll maintain, tangentially, that at the moment anyway I still like musicals in a film media over stage musicals; I recognize my girlfriend and music-school cousin's opinions that good stage effects are more worthy of appreciation, but having little knowledge of the mechanics of those, I've got to go with appreciating the wider range of things film can do, with my better understanding of that.

Addendum - so, to keep in line with that earlier Rosario Dawson commentary, in my opinion she was not attractive at all in Sin City, very attractive in Clerks II, and kind of in the middle in Rent, leaning towards not as attractive in a sad way when her addict character loses weight.

Also, today is the anniversary of the Battle of Thermopylae - I just hope a pyrrhic victory doesn't appear at some point...

No comments: