-for the first time ever on y.t., song lyrics (by Michael Franti, heard 'em this morning, doesn't do the song justice to read it, though...)-

About All The Freaky People Make the Beauty of the World

Starvation is a creation of the devil
a rebel
I\'m bringin\' food to the people like a widow
bringin\' flowers to a grave in the middle
of the city isolation is a riddle
to be surrounded by a million other people
but feel alone like a tree in the desert
dried up like the skin of a lizard
but full of color like the spots of a leopard
drum and bass pull me in like a sheperd
scratch my itch like a needle on a record
full of life like a man gone to Mecca
sky high like an eagle up soaring
I speak low but I\'m like a lion roaring
baritone like a Robeson recordin\'
I\'m giving thanks for bein\' human every morning...

Because the streets are alive with the sound of Boom! Bap!
can I hear it once again!
Boom! Bap! Tell your neighbor tell a friend
every box gotta right to be boomin\'
because the streets are alive with the sound of Boom! Bap!
can I hear it once again!
Boom! Bap! Tell your neighbor tell a friend
every flower got a right to be bloomin\'!
Stay Human!

No comments: