I don't even remember how I came across it, but this article on the Indo-Greeks actually almost gave me goosebumps. I just had no idea that such a culture existed, or that it could have even existed. I mean it makes sense knowing that Alexander the Great invaded India and such, but who'd have thought something like Greco-Buddhism might have existed? I wonder in turn why this isn't brought up in more historical texts. Hell, if I were in charge it would be, it seems a kind of community integration like I was speaking of before, but on a grand scale.

I don't know why I thought I'd be able to, but I tried to physically outwit an Australian shepherd. My first clue that it wasn't going to go well should have been the fact that she could traverse the width of the dog park like a furry little meteor on speed. But hey, I thought, I can out-juke her, I have a bigger brain, right? Ha, no. Any spin or fake-out or fancy footwork I managed to accomplish left me face to face with her, or her quite literally dancing in circles around me, or ready to trip me at will, to the point where I actually managed to bore her, I think. I'm sure it was quite hilarious from an outside perspective, though, as Ms. Kim can probably attest. I guess if I ever get in a fight with that kind of dog I know not to rely on agility - that would be a reliance-upon-power-and-opposable-thumbs encounter all the way. Just need to grab the bloody animal to keep it from moving, it's not good when you blink and something is suddenly behind you in that space of time.

No comments: