Things of Note: A Mostly Dog Show Weekend
-apparently Sushi Garden is like that restaurant we went to in LA, back in high school, where the servers are pointedly rude to you
-we learned that Giardia has an incubation period; this may lead to accusing poor, innocent Mexican beers that did nothing to you except get you drunk
-yes, Orange Julius's (Juli-ii?) can be made alcoholic
-I learned that practically no one gets the reference to the SNL dog show skit...sadness
-Clone High is pleasant, and has a cute version of one of my favorite kinds of romances
-I don't trust fruit ale....not at all, no siree
-the amount of time my mom spends in the Arabic market is directly proportionate to the amount she shifts to speaking Arabic while there
-Kim got Rooney to groups! Rooney also decided to display that he's skilled at skiing and not-quite-faceplanting
-a pointer jumped out of the ring and into my lap, and I wasn't even looking at her, it was completely random
-I like Welsh Springer Spaniels, I decided

In other news: photos from Tucson dog shows and LA...

And I think this mixing of high and "low" tech is wonderful, it's just too bad that it takes that context of poverty and need to bring it about

No comments: