all sorts of crazy people

Benny and Joon, with Mary Stuart Masterson (aka Jennifer Garner) and Johnny Depp. Cute! Though from the few years of experience I had with similar characters at the hospital, I had a spot of trouble believing that such a pleasant conclusion could come out of this, but since I'm really an idealist at heart as I've realized in the past year, I didn't really care. I thought that the 'non-crazy' characters were kind of reacting too abruptly, not hardly giving each other any sort of chance, but I think that's more a limitation of the medium than anything else (ie, it would be much easier to develop that aspect in a novel, say). But, overall, a well put together, classic, gem of a movie.

I got this comic called Walk In, from the new Virgin line, and was kind of thinking it was 'eh' since I've read it. But, looking it up out of boredom if nothing else, I come across this interesting article, which pertains to both modern occurrences and myth - I knew that Virgin was basing their new comics on Indian mythology (hence my initial interest) but didn't realize that this particular comic was included in that. Points to them for subtlety. Now, I'm interested.

Wow, I don't think they could make a movie out of it, but Loop is an interesting story, and for some odd reason reminds me of Pulse

From Wyatt, a very odd shippy boaty

No comments: