money, curves, and violent but somewhat cute things

I'm reading two related books at the same time, as I...well, often do, I guess - both are about financial planning and investing, but one is from a decidely yogic persepective, but the other is more of standard archetype, about making more money. They both have stasis points at various places, which I haven't finished cataloguing yet, but one interesting thing I did notice is how they unexpectedly (though I was secretly hoping they would) complement each other. The latter book emphasizes first off that the most important thing in investing is attitude, attitude, attitude (or perspective, if one wants to assign it a different word)...but just directs the reader to figure out whether they want to and whether they can change their attitude. Which means were I just reading that book I'd probably think about it for a few seconds ineffectually, and move on, not really gaining anything. But, luckily, the former book (so far, at least) is practically about nothing but changing one's attitude towards money and financial matters in a healthy manner, and various methods and exercises for doing so, which have turned out be very practical and helpful. So, I feel more like, as they say, I'm in business now.

A great interview on the Mighty Avengers, one of the two new Avengers comics, along with the new New Avengers, which for the first time I'm actually quite interested in, as opposed to prior-ly where I thought it was kind of dumb, at best. Now it's got all the conflict and character development and history of Civil War to infuse it with literary goodness, Bendis writing his standard controversy in, and crazy line-ups. [might want to skip to the second page what with the opinions/previews of various characters, if not horribly interested]

Hm...curves...I'll go with it

tankettes - so cute!

And to continue that theme (very sort of), I think in some sense this is kind of a tangent on Kevin and me (though I'm still an ass-man) [see the license plate in this one]