aw, people crying

Big Fish, with Billy Crudup and Ewan McGregor. A lovely movie. And, yes, it's about storytelling, so of course I liked it. And there were definitely at the very least misty eyes for I'm guessing nigh everyone in the room. I didn't cry, of course, I wouldn't want to worry Mathilda. Anyway, it's the kind of movie that's just all around good, and I'm sure I could put further thought into it, or read much closer, but....I don't really feel any need or desire to; it's just nice.

-From Ms Connie, The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr: I've never even seen it, but it's the best tv show ever! Just look at the description of it! And Bruce Campbell!

-does anyone else find honeypot ants horribly creepy? To me, they're kind of tangent on the axlotl tanks of the Dune novels, but as I don't know a single person who would get that reference, imagine humans in a worse position, times ten.

-odd trivia, after the fun virus vs gums experience I had (still need to gain some weight back after the involuntary fasting), apparently calcium is a huge help in avoiding odd conditions like that - damn you, forbidden cheese!

2 comments:

just a girl said...

When I was in Australia, my dad ate one of those ants. "tasted like honey"... gee...

Connie said...

Campbell is teh coolest. Also, you hadn't seen Big Fish??? I figured I would have forced you to see it sometime.