Mme Penguin: You rock. And/or roll.

I decided Penguin is now female, it's more fun. And that she speaks French, because Ms Penguin didn't have the same ring to it.

Bitbit reviews! Painkiller Jane 0 I got because it was only a quarter, as it's just a simple little preview; it's a lot different than the bad Scifi Channel movie I saw, but that's a good thing. There's a bevy of Jack the Rippers in Wisdom 4, which continues to up the ante with each issue in terms of using British subconscious-cultural images and ideas. The Initiative 1 fully lived up to my expectations, it's a great use of expanded setting, with introductions of several new characters (Cloud 9 is a adorable, maybe another Blink in the making?), and an interestingly disturbing ending. I was disappointed, on the other hand, by Fallen Son: Wolverine; the art was great, but it just rehashed a storyline and 'eh' idea from New Avengers. Whedon's taken over for Runaways 25, but it almost just makes me want to go back and read Vaughn's earlier run, as Kim's brother reminded me of, it seems like this might just be a Whedon-ization of an already good thing. I'll give it a chance, though, I think. And Heralds of Galactus 2 might have been more interesting if I'd read any of the Annihilation epic, but even still I think I just can't really get into any of the "cosmic" storylines.

Word of the Day: galactagogue (seriously that's just a crazy word)

An interesting little survey of repitition

No comments: