"When a guy has an orgasm, how much comes out?"

Fast Times at Ridgemont High, with Sean Penn, Forest Whitaker, and...Nicholas Cage?! Ok, yeah, didn't recognize him at all. Anyway, for the first bit of this movie, I thought, ah crap, I blew it, got another 80s movie which is technically a classic but is kind of eh in terms of standing the test of time. But! But. I'd say it actually more than stands the test of time, and is a helluva lot more an honest, real movie than anything similar that might have come out more recently. From all the horribly awkward moments to the posturing and bullshitting to the (I use the word again) honest moments, I think it's just much more relate-able than a movie with a more standard, fluff formula. Yeah, I can see why this one's a classic. Sidenote-ly, though, the nudity sure caught me off guard.

Oh! And also, another point pertaining to the previous post occurred to me, about chewing through a bite all the way through, before taking the next bite into one's mouth. Which I may or may not be guilty of. But anyway, that's a point that's often brought up in yoga about eating mindfully. Now, on to working on not letting thoughts run over each other...

No comments: