Beals = hotter than in L Word, inexplicably

Four Rooms, with Tim Roth and Jennifer Beals. I've been wanting to see this for years, and though it was nowhere near as dark as I expecting, I still enjoyed it. At first I was thrown off by the offbeat music and sheer twitchiness of the main character, but I eventually warmed up to both. My favorite out of the different directors' segments was definitely the one with the kids, it was was just straight up slapstick, well, not quite, but relative to the others it was. There was something discordant about the structure of the movie what with the different directors and the splitting into disparate scenes, and that made it hard to just relax and watch it, but the interestingness of that made up for it, by the end, I think.

Also, I finally remembered to talk about Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness that Mr Brian was nice enough to get me through interwebnetty magick. And I have this to say: hilarious. And the medium he got me the comics in is perfect, because they're not any I really would have gone out and bought (though I probably would have were I not short on the fundage), but they're a great read nonetheless. It's really the only way one could have Ash interact in a good way with the Marvel characters, if they weren't wrapped up in the zombie humor, Ash's Evil Dead humor would fall flat. Mr Brian: Mme Penguin salutes you!

No comments: