on masticating

The random things I have taken upon myself to cook! A random list. Of, basically, three things. One was mango slices with lime, chile powder, and salt. Interesting, much better than the dried versions I've had, but also half-assed, and I had no business trying to slice a mango. Completely incompetent. Then, for a 'romantic dinner,' there was some pepper-spiced lamb from Trader Joe's (best store ever), which I kind of mangled the searing of, and vegetables which I cooked a bit too long (but luckily Ms Kim likes them mushy), sparkling apple cider, and a simple salad. I forgot to bake the apple turnover thingamabobs, though! And last night, it was the lamb, seared much more competently this time, and sliced, which made it a lot better somehow than the random chunks it came in, which we wrapped up in garlic nan (won't be getting that again, that's definitely a restaurant-only food) for some odd gyro-ish sammiches, and edamame as a random complement. And limeade.

Long story short, what I'm getting at is that I hope to improve in both quality and creativity, perhaps even do food photography at some point, as we've found the lotus-lamp in the dining room is fun for still lifes. Yay!
-
I don't really quite believe this would work, but identifying songs by phone is an interesting idea

No comments: