Babies and other oddities

Knocked Up, with Seth Rogen and Katherine Heigl. Very funny, and yet, very sobering, especially to watch while sitting next to your girlfriend. I think it struck a pretty solid balance between those two aspects, though, without becoming saccharine or stupid. Well done, I say! The other interesting thing I thought was nicely done was the spacing out of events over a nine month period, and furthermore, the interesting cast of supporting characters. And they showed way more of the birth than I expected, that was pretty interesting. And from now on, it doesn't matter what role he's in, I'm going to giggle at that actor from Firefly, purely because he was in Firefly, so I'm just going to imagine it's that character pretending to be another person.

Hm. I think I'll hold off on explaining why my thesis advisor once gave a forty-five minute lecture on his theory that babies are ontologically creepy.

On strange, strange animals: a turtle (sort of)

Slash, I suddenly feel odd about eating escargot, which I sometimes get a craving for

No comments: