kerboom!

Live Free or Die Hard, with Bruce Willis and Justin Long. Also, Maggie Q, rowr, and what I swear is a very famous traceur, though for the life of me I can't remember his name. Ah ha! Here we are, just had to look him up in Banlieue 13 - Cyril Raffaelli. Basically, a little over two hours of non-stop action. Which, at first thought, I found kind of disappointing, in the corresponding lack of character development and plot - but, as was quickly pointed out to me, who the hell cares? Stuff was blowing up! And this is true. Also, and more interestingly to me (besides the hilarious Kevin Smith cameos) was Raffaelli and the showcasing of his parkour skills at two points in the movie - inspiring! Though, I have to note, I think it'll be darkly funny if people don't believe a human body can do that, and yet believe some of the other, more implausible stunts could happen that easily. And, if anyone knows the name of the girl band playing when Long's character is introduced, I will kiss you. Nevermind, no kisses, I think I found it. Now, if anyone wants to get me a cd, before I do, anyway...

Transformers, with Shia LeBeouf and Megan Fox. Hey, this one had parkour, too! Well, robot parkour, anyway. Still, it seems to be becoming a definite staple of action movies, which I am quite fine with. I was a bit leary of saying I liked this movie as well, in this case because of the bits that made it seem more like a kiddy-movie than not, but hell those weren't near enough to bring down the rest. I guess my first impulse was to want them to go all the way in making it more 'edgy,' but compromise is needed, I suppose, to appeal to all audiences. Ginormous, blockbuster, massive budget robot fun. Well played, Michael Bay...for once.

No comments: