tranny Travolta vs chiweewee eating anaconda: GO

Hairspray, with Nikki Blonski, John Travolta, and Christopher Walken. I really liked this musical, though at the same time, I can't remember a single melody from it. I suppose in that sense it was more of a straight-up movie than an musical, to me, in that I wasn't focused so much on the songs as everything else going on. All the actors and actresses were perfect, and it's really a great story. Also, John Travolta. Fat woman suit. Yes.

Snakes on a Plane, with Samuel L Jackson and Julianna Margulies. Ew! Lots of gruesome death. But it's pretty hilarious. For as much as it's kind of playing into its own self-realized stupidity, it...well, it pulls off exactly that. There were even a few moderately serious parts, as much as I was expecting one of the pilots to go "Whammy!" and for a fat woman to get bit in the bajingo. Cult(ural) classic, right here. Now, I might go get one of those shirts from Overcompensating...

No comments: