aw, darn.

In a bid to update my wardrobe some from its monochrome spartan-ness (both for my own benefit and over time as a yoga teacher), I decided to get a little at a time, starting with this shirt.

And then spent a night and a day being disappointed by a lack of reaction to said shirt. I got one person say that they'd seen it somewhere before, which they probably had, being quite clever in their own fashion sense. When my girlfriend noticed, she thankfully had a gratifying reaction, immediately saying that is was certainly a shirt suited to me (yay girlfriend!). And then a guy at work looked at it quizzically, then laconically pointed out that if someone didn't know what a haiku was, the shirt is basically nonsensical. As the guy next to him laughed uncomfortably, knowing he should be laughing but not really understanding why, I felt kind of bad in the end.

The lesson? Just take satisfaction in displaying what amounts to my sense of humor upon my chest.

In other news, this is basically like where I work. Except with less rancor.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Tee!

The poem is good
Due to the unexpected
Refrigerator